Do you have a passion for writing about technical topics that surround Android, iOS, API’s and Blockchain and more? Do you want to be part of a team of international industry leaders?
Caster.IO is the destination for professional app developers to hone their skills and we’re now expanding our offering from videos to articles and we’re looking for folks just like you.
Current Open Positions
- Tutorial/Article Writer – Your job will be to hand craft the best articles in your domain area. These articles will include technical tutorials, how-to articles and pieces that help connect the dots for the rest of the technical world.
- Video Producer – Your job will be to create high quality video tutorials and courses that are available on Caster.IO.
- Technical Editor – Your job will be to review new articles for technical accuracy and technical flow.
If any of these positions pique your interest, keep reading below for the benefits and how to apply.
There are tons of reasons to join the Caster.IO team. Lets hop right into it –
- Exposure: You’ll be writing articles for a world-wide audience of developers, entrepreneurs and industry professionals. We promote each of our articles through our social channels as well as through our ever growing email list. You’ll have a platform to communicate your vision in which you can stand on the should of giants. Becoming visible in the community is a major driver in the progression of your career and professional advancement.
- Learn How to Write Better – During the writing process your article will go through a three-step process to refine and hone your article so that it’s the best it can be. Our team consists of professional editors, best-selling authors and has decades of blogging and article experience. Step one is the tech edit – this is where your article will be verified for technical accuracy. Once updated and complete it will move onto a grammatical review and finally it will move into a final edit where all the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed before its shipped.
- Professional Writing Experience – After navigating the waters of the article writing process a few times and shipping your articles to tens of thousands of developer eyeballs you’ll have professional experience that you can share on your resume, LinkedIn profile and more. This makes you a more lucrative and valuable resource to your company and any future employers.
- Mastery – Writing articles requires that you know your stuff. During your research for your article you’ll learn more about the subject matter than you can imagine – making you a subject matter expert on the topic.
- More Opportunity – Being part of the team offers many benefits, such as – freelancing opportunities, access to our team via our internal slack group, professional training from existing pros, book writing opportunities and much more.
- Access to Caster.IO – As a member of the team you’ll have access to all of Caster.IO’s content for free.
- Make $$$ – AHH YES… that’s right. You’ll get paid for each article that is shipped on the site. At the beginning of each month we pay our team members for each article shipped.
Areas of Expertise
We have various areas of expertise that you can write for. When applying, please select which areas of expertise you’re interested in.
The applicants which demonstrate the strongest capabilities will be asked to submit a demo article which will showcase their talents as a writer, editor or video producer.
- Android: Tutorials and articles on all things Android. From the SDK to how-to articles on the platform, this is your place. Tutorials can be written in Java or Kotlin.
- Kotlin: Tutorials and topics on all things Kotlin related. If your topic is purely Kotlin without focus on any other area (such as Android), this is for you. Examples – Kotlin language tutorials, server side dev with Kotlin, co-routines, etc.
- iOS: All articles relating to iOS development that are written in either Obj-C and/or Swift.
- Flutter: This is for you if you’re someone who is writing a lot about Flutter. Articles are written in Dart.
- Blockchain: Is the blockchain your thing? Ethereum? Bitcoin? Neo? Solidity? Etc? This is where all blockchain articles will live.
- General Articles: Where everything else goes. Could be topics related to software, engineering, management/etc.
Your Role, Explained
Each role has its own specific set of duties and requirements – below you’ll find more info on what they are.
In this role your main duty will be to write articles for Caster.IO. You will work with a technical editor, grammatical editor and final review editor(s) to publish content that is very technical in nature. Most articles will be either tutorials, how-to articles, deep-dives into technology or tips and tricks to implement a given tool or library, SDK, platform, etc.
You will research, write, obtain necessary images and diagrams and code necessary to ship your article. During the process you will inevitably learn a massive amount about the subject matter in which you are working within – and this is a good thing!
You will be paid for each article you ship. 💸
- You consider yourself an advanced developer
- You should be comfortable deconstructing complex topics into an easy to understand text based format for easy digestion of the reader.
- You should be comfortable learning a new technology on your own in order to explain it in detail.
- You should be self-directed and should be able to solve technical issues yourself. While you will be part of a a great team, the team is also very busy solving problems themselves.You should research everything possible and go to all lengths to solve any of your own issues.
- You should be able to take direction and run with it with minimal to no supervision.
- You should be a great writer and you should be fluent in the English language.
- You are expected to write on tutorial once every two months (you can write more if you’d like though).
In this role you will be producing video content for Caster.IO. You can see samples here. You will be teaching a course on a technical implementation of any given programming language, SDK, etc. Courses are varied in length but are best taught in a series of lessons that teach one thing per lesson. You will receive deep training into how to produce videos that are engaging, succinct and to the point. Video courses are much more lucrative than writing articles but they do take substantially more effort and time to create.
⚡️Our video producers get paid every month – a true passive income. Once the course is complete, the course continues to generate revenue for the life of the course. You get paid every month for this. ⚡️
- You are an advanced/senior level developer
- You are self directed – once you have your topic and your deadline you will need to meet those deadlines with minimal supervision.
- You are comfortable explaining and deconstructing content into a digestable format.
- You are expected to ship at least two courses in the first year, negotiable after that.
Preferred, but not Required:
- You speak at conferences, meet-ups or user group meeting(s)
- You have written articles before (for Caster.IO, yourself or for any other publisher)
In this role you’ll be responsible for ensuring that the technical articles are top notch and high quality. You’ll be the one finding the inconsistencies in the articles, the hard to follow portions and most importantly the bugs in the articles. Without your help, the tutorials would be inaccurate and not reliable – you’re vital to the success of the team.
In this position you’ll learn more than you can imagine as you be be diving into each article to learn it and validate that it does what it claims it will do. You’ll also be listed as part of our team on our team page. You’re a key contributor to the entire process of the article. You will be paid for each article that you tech-edit.
- You are extremely detail oriented
- You keep on top of technology trends by reading a lot of technical books, blogs, articles and watch videos to keep up to date.
- You are fluent in English
- You have great communication skills
- You will be editing one to two articles a month
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the form below. Be detailed in the responses that you have and provide as much suitable experience as possible.
Once submitted we will reach out to you within the next 3-5 days regarding the status of your application. If we move to the next step, we will move to the next step of the article process – a demo article to verify your abilities as a writer.